Using the right shampoo is crucial to have healthy and luscious locks, Before purchasing a shampoo I tend to spend a lot of time looking into the label as well as the ingredients so this post will give you a detailed review of the latest shampoo I tried: Vichy Ultra soothing SLS Free shampoo that is suitable for reactive scalps and normal to oily hair.
Soothing formula with clinically proven efficacy:
Sensirine: clinically proven soothing properties.
Panthenol: Hair is softer, shinier & easier to comb.
Vitamin Cg: well known antioxidant properties.
Acts instantly from the 1st use.
48-hour scalp soothing.
Strengthens sensitized fiber.
This shampoo by far is one of the best shampoos I have used due to the following reasons :
- It is free from SLS, a surfactant /detergent that is a foaming agent, found in cosmetic products and used as an industrial cleaning chemical (Not so fun fact: it is used to degrease engines!). It has the potential to cause serious irritation to the skin.
- From from Parabens (Methylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Ethylparaben) – preservative ingredients which mimic the estrogen hormone and potentially can cause disruption to the endocrine system.
- It also cleans in a gentle manner and it gives you a sensation of having squeaky clean hair.
- It can lather quite well even though it’s SLS Free, So those of us with extra long hair don’t have to worry.
- It has a pleasant smell, not strong at all which I really like, A strong smell usually indicates that the product is filled with chemicals.
- My sensitive scalp didn’t react to it, no itching or anything, instead of the sensation I usually get when I use oily hair shampoos which I stopped using for that reason.
The only thing that I didn’t like is the fact that the bottle contains only 200 ML of the product, I wish it was 500 ml or more.